How it Used to Work
Online advertising spending in the United States broke over $30 billion 2011 and nearly 25% of all media consumption is done online. Yet, the majority of political online advertising is still done primitively, the online ad buys done site-by-site, vendor-by-vendor. This leads to tremendous waste in advertising. In the 2010 elections, approximately 40% of eligible Americans voted, but premium online advertising still targeted the majority of voters who did not vote. Precision gives you the ability to target more people in more places and do so through a single controlled platform.The research has shown that the more targeted online advertising is, the more you can win the audience.
The Fall of Traditional Media
- Nearly 25% of all media consumption is done online.
- 17% increase in online audience while 13.7% decrease in cable TV.
- With the growth in DVR use and a shift to online TV, you will miss voters if you don't run online ads.
Audience Turn to Web
Rise in Digital Media
- Adults have gone digital. The largest adoption over the past 10 years has come from upper middle class adults aged 45 and above.
- 96% of adults whose income is above $75,000 are online.